Who we are
Empact Engineering, LLC is a fast-growing, engineering firm in College Station, Texas, that embraces new and emerging technologies, is built on experience and is driven by excellence. Our innovative-and core-values-based culture has a foundation of quality customer delivery coupled with advancing leading-edge technologies and business solutions. Committed to attracting and retaining long-term team members by investing in professional development and providing rewarding opportunities, we hold ourselves to the highest level of standards in making our employees’ lives better as we serve our customers to meet their needs. We are unconstrained by the way things have always been done. We creatively approach every task and obstacle to find original solutions. Our varied backgrounds, experiences and expertise make us savvier problem solvers that drive better results.
What you will do
As a key member of Empact’s Engineering Team, our Electrical Distribution Engineers are instrumental in designing, configuring, and finalizing engineering solutions and deliverables for both overhead electric distribution facilities for various cooperatives utility clients and joint use make-ready communication projects.
Your key responsibilities:
- Review and finalize engineering deliverables for 12.47 kV and 24.9 kV utility distribution projects that includes, but is not limited to, distribution equipment installations, feeder replacements, new feeder designs and distribution make-ready designs for third-party pole attachment projects.
- Perform engineering calculations incorporating structural analysis of poles, guying, pin loading, placement of protective devices, grounding, and other equipment as needed.
- Interface with utility clients and work closely with the project team to ensure deliverables and services are being provided to client’s specifications while ensuring that projects are following internal engineering processes.
- Review designed electrical facilities confirming compliance with NEC, NESC, RUS and Cooperative standards.
- Support the Engineering Team in executing assigned electrical distribution projects within deadlines and budgets.
- Manage multiple projects while effectively maintaining work product quality, consistency, accuracy, reliability, and accountability.
- Apply analysis to identify the best solution to a design problem and effectively communicate a course of action with the engineering team.
- Assist with other special projects as needed.
What you will bring
- An active P.E. License in the state of Texas in good standing.
- Bachelor of Science degree in engineering from an accredited institution with an emphasis in power is preferred.
- 3+ years of applicable electric utility experience with knowledge of underground distribution design is a plus.
- Understanding of the design and operation of overhead and underground distribution facilities with knowledge of the NESC; understanding of overhead distribution system equipment and units; and familiarity regarding easements, right-of-way, and/or permitting.
- Project management experience is a plus with developing, tracking, and communicating project timelines, metrics, and results to ensure that projects are completed on time.
- Sound problem-solving skills and a desire for continuous improvement.
- Excellent attention to detail with agile interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management while maintaining a harmonious working relationship with all clients and engineering team members.
- An entrepreneurial spirit with an all-hands-on-deck mentality for a rapid growing company.
Benefits we offer
- Paid time off including paid holidays.
- Employer supplemented health, dental and vision insurance.
- 401k retirement plan with generous employer match.
- Flexible Schedule.
Where we are
Commitment to workplace diversity
Empact Engineering, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color national origin, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.